Director of Retail & Lifestyle
Location: Kirkcaldy, Fife
Closing Date: Friday 21 July 2017
- To deliver the Retail and Lifestyle strategy to maximise the share of core and adjacent markets. Responsible for managing the Retail and Lifestyle Project Management, Surveying and Estimating functions as well as responsibility for the co-ordination of the Retail and Lifestyle Business Development team.
- To work with the Director of Public Sector and the Director of Corporate Services to co-ordinate the work of our employee’s to both maximise their utilisation and to provide the best customer experience.
- To work with the Manufacturing Director to ensure factory work is planned and delivered efficiently and on time.
- To work with the Design Director to ensure the Design and delivery is optimised.
- To work with the Finance Director so that we meet our core business objectives.
- As part of the senior management team you will also be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company’s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Business Development and Marketing Responsibilities:
- Deliver a Retail and Lifestyle Sales and Marketing strategy in conjunction with the Business Development Team and Marketing Director with a strong brand capable of winning new clients through market intelligence and identifying market influencers.
- Ensure that the strategy is reviewed on a regular basis with the CEO and peers and is aligned to the Group strategy.
- Develop both new and existing business
Front End Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate with the Design function to support the Sales and Marketing strategy to enable us to win new business through our creativity and leading edge skills.
- Ensure the Estimating team is managed and delivers on a commercial proposal that enables us to win business in accordance with the business objectives.
- Ensure that the management of the Project Management team enables the business to successfully meet and manage client expectations in conjunction with other areas of the business.
- Regularly brief the CEO on the sectors performance.
- To co-ordinate with other Directors in master planning the business activities and resources.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key clients at a senior level.
- Win new clients.
- Mediate in disputes
- Network effectively with clients to develop sales contacts and improve business development opportunities.
People Management Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the appropriate teams in line with their KPI’s and annual objectives.
- Direct line management responsibility
- Overall management responsibility for approx 50 staff.
- Motivate, lead and develop the team to achieve excellence.
- Set objectives for people through performance management that include defined measured deliverables and provide feedback on performance through regular appraisals & meetings.
- Build effective teams in order to achieve targets and KPIs.
Financial Control Responsibilities:
- Full P& L responsibility for Retail and Lifestyle
- Deliver order book in terms of margin
- Plan and control cash flow
- Plan and maintain sufficient resource to deliver on targets, co-ordinate with peers on this.
- Ensure that all elements of the customer service are managed professionally in compliance with any relevant legislation or client requirements.
Health and Safety
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of your team and supply chain.
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies and procedures are complied with at all times.
Competencies & Experience
- Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation
- Possess a working understanding of leadership principles and management best practice
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment
- Possess excellent personal organisation and business administration skills
- Ability to meet greet and talk with customers and potential clients
- Ability to build a high performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively
- Be personally energetic, dynamic, positive, enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making
- Possess the ability to work productively, efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality.
- Possess the ability to implement and manage change in the business
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Possess strong computer skills and competency in Microsoft Office packages
- Leadership for a positive attitude in delivering customer service.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend interview and will be expected to demonstrate why they are the best candidate for the role.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit an up-to-date CV alongside an email of interest to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 21 July 2017.